Accessible Customer Service
Last Updated: January 1, 2021
Diversity is embraced by FGF Brands. At the core of all our operational policies affecting customer service, employees and suppliers is to respect and promote the dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity of persons with disabilities. FGF Brands is committed to providing services that meet the accessibility needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and compliant with the customer service requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “AODA”). FGF shall:
- respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities
- ensure that the provision of goods and services to people with disabilities is integrated with the provision of goods and services to others unless an alternative measure is necessary
- facilitate, as fully as reasonably possible, an equal opportunity to that given to others in all aspects of our day to day operations.
- allow all persons to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in a similar way, as is reasonably available.
FGF BRANDS provides training on the provision of its services to people with disabilities to:
- every person who deals with members of the public or other third parties on behalf of the Company, whether the person does so as an employee, agent, volunteer or otherwise; and
- every person who participates in developing the Company’s policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of services to members of the public or other third parties.
The training will include:
- a review of the purposes of AODA and the requirements of the Customer Service Standard;
- current internal policies, practices and procedures regarding the provision of services to persons with disabilities;
- how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disability;
- how to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a guide dog or other service animal or the assistance of a support person;
- how to use equipment and devices available on the Company’s premises or otherwise provided by the Company that may help with the provision of products or services to a person with a disability; and
- protocol to deal with a situation where a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing the Company’s products and services;
The Company will keep a record of the training provided, including the dates on which the training took place and the number of people receiving training.
FGF Brands will accommodate the use of assistive devices to ensure that people with disabilities are able to obtain, access or use its products and services.
Service Animals and Support Persons
The Company will accommodate the use of service animals, including guide dogs. Persons with disabilities may bring their guide dog or service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public or other third parties, except where the animal is excluded by law. If the service animal is excluded by law, reasonable steps will be taken by the staff to accommodate the person with the disability on a case by case basis, such as meeting the person in a different part of the premises.
Persons with disabilities may be accompanied by a support person. On rare occasions, a manager may require that a person with a disability be accompanied by a support person , if necessary to protect the health and safety of the person with the disability. In these instances, managers will suggest appropriate alternatives and provide assistance to those persons to enable them to access the Company’s products and/or services.
When a support person is required (e.g., sign language facilitators, interpreters, etc.), he or she will be permitted to accompany the person with the disability on the parts of our premises that are open to the public or to such Company sponsored or required meeting or event. The support person may be required to sign in with his/her name, address, identification, and name of the accompanied person with disability. FGF Brands will ensure that all employees, volunteers and third parties dealing with the public are trained in how to interact with persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal or support person.
Accessible Document Formats
Within a reasonable time following a request by a person with a disability, the Company will take steps to make documents available in a format that is accessible to that person, unless it is not technically feasible to do so.
Employees will communicate with persons with disabilities in ways that take disability into account. This means that employees will communicate and interact with persons with disabilities in a manner that enables them to use and receive the Company’s products, services and facilities. The Company will train employees to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities.
The Company has established a process for receiving and responding to feedback about the manner in which it provides services to persons with disabilities.
Should members of the public wish to provide feedback they may do so by contacting the Talent and Development via telephone at 905-761-3333 ext 233 or in writing at fgf brands, 1295 Ormont Drive, Toronto, ON M9L 2W6. Feedback will be responded to as soon as reasonably practicable. Upon request, the Company will provide feedback in an accessible manner. The Company may consult with the person with the disability to determine the person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions
The Company will provide notice in the event of a planned or expected disruption in the facilities or services used by persons with disabilities. This notice will include information with respect to the reason for the disruption, how long the disruption is expected to last, and a description of any alternative facilities or services if available. The notice will be posted in a conspicuous place on the premises.
Modifications to the Policy
FGF Brands is committed to ensuring that their customer service policies, practices and procedures respect and promote the dignity and independence of all persons with disabilities. Therefore, no changes will be made to this Policy before considering the impact on persons with disabilities. Any of the Company’s operational policy affecting customer service that does not respect and promote the dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity of persons with disabilities will be modified or revoked.