Environmental Mission Statement
Last updated: March 31st 2021
FGF Brands is committed to continually improving our environmental sustainability throughout our operations. This involves integrating sustainable measures into its business model and future developments, while inspiring best practice from our stakeholders and the communities we serve.
Our primary direct environmental impacts are currently related to waste, energy use and water use. We recognize that we may have indirect environmental impacts through our supply chain and the disposal of product packaging by our product consumers. We will continue to monitor our efforts related to these aspects of our operations with the intent to improve our impacts upon the environment.
By this policy, FGF Brands recognizes its responsibility towards the protection of the environment and issues this statement as a commitment to our leaders and team members.
The policy will be reviewed annually by the FGF team, seeking support from its stakeholders.
The Environmental Sustainability Team is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented and understood by our leaders and team members.
Everyone at FGF has a responsibility in their area to ensure that our environmental objectives of the policy are met.
FGF Brands is committed to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental regulatory requirements.
- Continually monitor and improve our environmental performance, reducing our environmental impacts.
- Establish environmental and sustainability objectives, targets and programs that are regularly reviewed by senior management.
- Incorporate environmental factors and best practices into business decisions.
- Design products to reduce the adverse environmental impact of the required packaging.
- Encourage suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors to adopt the same environmental principles as FGF Brands.
- Increase Team Members’ awareness and training.
- We will review and update (if required) this policy at least once annually in consultation with relevant stakeholders where necessary.
- We will involve all team members in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will ensure all new team members are provided with a copy of this environmental sustainability policy during onboarding with the company.
- We will provide all leaders with relevant environmental training.
- We will ensure all suppliers, contractors and subcontractors are provided with a copy of this environmental sustainability policy.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.