How we’re fighting COVID-19
Since the beginning of the pandemic we have been relentless in our efforts to lessen risks related to COVID-19 in our facilities and keep all our Team Members healthy and safe.
On top of our rigorous health safety and food safety standards, we continue to implement these additional measures and process:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing all Team Members’ common areas;
- Installing hospital-grade HEPA filtration systems at all locations;
- Extending conveyors to allow social distancing;
- Installing plexiglass at the tables in lunchrooms;
- Hiring four nurses to assist with temperature checks and health-check questionnaires;
- Implementing an aggressive approach to testing;
- Increasing communication with all Team Members regarding the situation at each location;
- Reducing non-essential production to limit the number of Team Members on site, as well as staggering shift and break rotations to facilitate social distancing; and
- Ensuring daily and weekly enhanced deep cleaning and disinfection of all our facilities.
We have – and continue to work – in a cooperative and transparent manner with the proper authorities including the Ministry of Labour, and Toronto Public Health, and are following their guidance.
A leader in food safety
From quality assurance, to food safety, to sanitation, FGF brands is a global leader in food production and packaging.
How we raise the bar
Our AA BRC Rating
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) is one of the few certification programs that assures packaging suppliers are compliant to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Recognized worldwide, achieving a AA rating means that FGF meets the highest standards put forth by the food-manufacturing industry with regards to Food & Product Safety.
FGF was proud to be recognized in 2019 as the North American site of the year across our entire bakery network.
To deliver best-in-class food quality and safety, you need to be ahead of the curve. Through digital workflow management coupled with AI, we’ve built an autonomous Food Safety & Quality Inspection Platform. No more manual bean counting or organizing spreadsheets. This technology continuously assesses audit compliance readiness and can provide all necessary audit documentation with the push of a button. In other words, everything is monitored, tracked and available for review at any moment.
Sanitation and cleanliness are ingrained in our culture. Forget whatever images you have of a janitor or mop and bucket — this is serious business here. Think smart scheduling, advanced steam cleaning, central vacuum systems, autonomous floor scrubbers, and UVC lights. Add on industry-leading training and you have a team of sanitation professionals who take enormous pride in ensuring that FGF continues to receive awards and accolades for the length we go to keep our facilities in pristine condition.